26 & 27 Nov + 3 & 4 Dec 2020 Online event
Well-being & the Good Life – The Human Being in Sustainability Transformations
This event is the 4th iteration of the Indo-German Dialogue on Green Urban Practices series (IGD). It is conceived as a continuous series of an annual interaction of academics, civil society activists, government officials, policy makers, and the corporate sector where appropriate. Its key objective is to provide a platform of sharing and exchange of experiences of social urban innovative change in Germany/Europe and India in order to leverage action towards new transdisciplinary research and practice projects.
Some key questions that will be addressed:
- What are our underpinning principles, values, worldviews, beliefs, ethical-moral guidelines that inform the work we do?
- What are our personal and collective inner resources, capacities and skills that we apply or intend to utilise in our activities?
- What kind of methodical techniques and practices can be used to support personal and collective inner transformation?
- How can these inner resources, etc. be honed, grow and developed further to leverage sustainable urban futures?
- How can we perform awareness based social action research?
Approach and Methods of Interaction:
In the past, the format of the IGDs has been participatory and interactive, with the programme being co-designed and conducted by the delegates. We will retain this approach for the digital event as well as far as possible by deploying an array of tested methods in online interaction. For example:
- Expert talks
- Digital field visits
- Group work
- Sharing and discussions
- Exchange and practice of methods of inner work
Dr. Christoph Woiwode firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Dr. Petra Schweizer-Ries Petra.Schweizer-Ries@hs-bochum.de
Tanja Cimador Tanja.Cimador@hs-bochum.de