Water Management Area Coordinator
Prof. Dr. N. Fohrer (Department of Hydrology and Water Resources Management at CAU Kiel, Germany)
- Since 2010: Director of Institute of the Conservation of Natural Resources, CAU Kiel
- 2003-2009: Director of the Ecology Centre, CAU Kiel
- Since 2008 Chair of scientific board: German National Committee of IHP/HWRP of UNESCO
- 2008 – 2010: International Chair of scientific board for UNESCO initiative of Ecohydrology
- Since 2006: Member of the Governing Board: for the European Regional Centre (UNESCO Cat. II centre) for Ecohydrology (ERCE), Lodz, Poland
- 2007-2010 National Representative of Germany: Continental Erosion, IAHS – International Association of Hydological Sciences
- since 2004: editor of the “Zeitschrift Hydrologie und Wasserbewirtschaftung (HyWa)” (Magazine Hydrology and Watermanagement, in german only)
- Water balance calculation and modelling
- Modelling of river basins and catchment hydrology
- Analysis and modelling of water quality and water protection strategies
- Modelling the impact of land use change
- Measurement and modelling of soil erosion
- Strategies for flood protection measures on the field
Publications (selection only, complete list here)
- Kiesel, J., & Fohrer, N., Schmalz, B., White, M. J., 2010: Incorporating landscape depressions and tile drainages of lowland catchments into spatially distributed hydrologic modeling. Hydrological Processes. 24: 1472- 1486. ISI 2,002, 2010.
- Kiesel, J., & Fohrer, N., Schmalz, B. 2010: Considering aquatic habitat properties in integrated river basin management- an ecohydrological modeling approach. In Savenije, H., S. Demuth, P. Hubert (eds.): Hydrocomplexity: New tools for solving the wicked water problems. IAHS Publications 338: 137-139, 2010.
- Lam,Q.D., B. Schmalz, and N. Fohrer, 2010: Modelling point and diffuse source pollution of nitrate in a rural lowland catchment using the SWAT model. Agricultural Water Management. 97 (2): 317–325. (ISI 1,646), 2010.
- Petersen, G. and Fohrer, N., 2010: Flooding and drying mechanisms of the seasonal Sudd flood plains along the Bahr el Jebel in southern Sudan, Hydrological Sciences J., 55(1):4 -16. (ISI), 2010.
- Petersen, G. and Fohrer, N., 2010: Two-dimensional numerical assessment of the hydrodynamics of the Nile swamps in southern Sudan’, Hydrological Sciences J., 55(1):17 – 26. (ISI), 2010.
- Schmalz B., Fohrer N., 2010: Ecohydrological research in the German lowland catchment Kielstau. Status and Perspectives of Hydrology in Small Basins. IAHS Publ. 336: 155-120, 2010.
- Wu N, Tang T, Fu X, Jiang W, Li F, Zhou S, Cai Q and Fohrer N., 2010. Impacts of cascade run-of-river dams on benthic diatoms in the Xiangxi River, China. Aquatic Sciences. 72: 117-125. (ISI 1,049), 2010.
Prof Dr. Murty (Departement of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras)
2004 (ongoing): Professor, I.I.T. Madras
2001: Associate Professor, I.I.T. Madras
1998: Assistant Professor, I.I.T. Madras
1997: Associate Professor, I.I.T. Kanpur
1990: Assistant Professor, I.I.T. Kanpur
1989: Lecturer, I.I.T. Kanpur
1985 : Teaching / Research Assistant
- Open channel flows & Free Surface Flows
- Sediment Transport Modeling
- Surface & Subsurface Flow Interaction
- Pipe flows & Condition Assessment
- Contaminant Transport Modeling
- Water Resources Management in Coastal and Deltaic Systems
Publications (selection only, complete list here)
- S. Surya Rao, S. Murty Bhallamudi, S.K. Tiwari and Ravi Bhushan Kumar, “Flood routing in tree type channel networks, ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ISH, Vol.6, No. 1, pp. 35-45 (Best paper award), 2000.
- P.V.N. Sudhakar, S. Surya Rao and S. Murty Bhallamudi, “Implicit two dimensional storage routing of floods in a river with flood plains”, Journal of the Institution of Engineers (Ind), Vol. 80, November 1999, pp. 105-109. (Best paper award)
- Tewari, A. and S. Murty Bhallamudi, “simulation of infiltration from a trickle irrigation source”, ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ISH, Vol. 3, No. 2. pp. 1-13, 1997.
- Murty, B.S. and Sridharan, K., “Transients in a spatially distributed pumping system”, Journal of the Institution of Engineers (Ind) – CV, Vol. 76, No.5, pp. 55-59, 1995.
- Murty, B.S., Sridharan, K. and Prasad, I., “Effect of intermediate non-return valves on transients in pumping mains”, Journal of the institution of engineers (Ind), Vol. 67, Part CI 3, pp. 99-104, November 1986. (Best Paper Award)
- T. Shashidhar, S. Murty Bhallamudi, Ligy Philip, Development and validation of a model of bio-barriers for remediation of Cr(VI) contaminated aquifers using laboratory column experiment, Jl. of Hazardous Materials, Elsevier, IN PRINT
- T. Shashidhar, Nisha Nandanan, Ligy Philip, S. Murty Bhallamudi, “Design of a passive bio-barrier system for chromium containment in confined aquifers”, Practice Periodical of Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste Management, ASCE, IN PRINT
- H. P. Reddy, S. Narasimhan, and S. Murty Bhallamudi, “Simulation and state estimation of transient flow in gas pipeline networks using transfer function model”, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 45, 3853-3863, 2006.
- Y.S.R. Murty, S. Murty Bhallamudi, and K. Srinivasan, “Non-uniform flow effect on optimal waste load allocation in rivers”, Water Resources Management, Kluwer, Vol. 20, pp. 509-530, 2006.
- T. Shashidhar, L. Philip, and S. Murty Bhallamudi, “Bench scale column experiments to study the containment of Cr(VI) in confined aquifers by biotransformation”, Journal of Hazardous materials, Elsevier, B 131, 200-209, 2006.